Your browser will use caching to create a folder of information from all of the web pages that you have been on recently. This is really beneficial when you’re looking at web pages as it means you don’t have to wait for everything on the page to be downloaded from the internet- it’s already there on your computer or mobile device. When a website is created, information about what on the site should be cached (and how) is given to the browser through the data “header.”
This might be useful, but- you don’t always want your browser or the website to dictate what’s stored on your computer. This is especially true when you share a PC or device and you don’t want other users having of your browser data. It’s also useful to clear cache on your browser so that the browser is forced to download the latest version of content on a website- great when you want to see any changes that have been made!
- Head to your browser and click the three dots in the corner- they’ll be at the end of your web address bar. This’ll bring up a menu and you’ll want to click settings on this.
- The next thing you want to do is click advanced settings at the end of this menu.
- The final step is to click on the section “Clear browsing data” at the end of the “Privacy and Security” menu.
- Then simply uncheck “Browsing history” and “Cookies and other site data” and >>press “clear data.”
- Go to your browser and click on the “History” tab at the top of the page.
- The next step is to press “Clear History.” This’ll bring up a drop-down menu from which you want to select “all-data” to remove cache as well as cookies and history from your browser.
- Head to the browser and click on the three dots at the end of your address bar.
- From the menu that then comes up, select “Settings.”
- Under the heading “Clear browsing data”, select “choose what to clear.”
- From this, you can select cookies, cached data and browsing history. You can then >> press “Clear” when you’ve selected what you need.
- Click on the Opera button in the top left corner. You can then go from this to a settings menu.
- On this menu, go to the “Privacy and security” heading.
- You should then click “Clear browsing data” and select from a menu of data what you would like to delete >> make sure you’ve checked the box for cache and cookies.
- Then simply press “Clear browsing data.”
- Click on the tools menu icon (the gear icon in the right-hand corner of your browser.)
- Go down the tabs and click on the one that says “safety.”
- From this, click “Delete browsing history.”
- You will then see a window of checkboxes, you want to make sure you check the “temporary internet files” (otherwise known as cache) >> and “cookies” checkboxes.
- Then just press “Delete.”
Need more advice to clear cache on your browser? We’re here to help you every step of the way with your website. Contact us today.